Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gingerbread House Decorating Party!

What a fun day with all of our friends!!  Gingerbread House Decorating turned out to be a huge success!  Thank you to everyone who made this experience possible!!!  I highly recommend each of you to host a party for your children and friends!  Thank you to HOUSEography for the idea (which of course I found on Pinterest!!) and to SteelePix Photography for the fabulous photos!!!  Here is what we did....


1) The Houses:  I bought each child a pre-constructed gingerbread house at Walmart for only $7!!  In the box came icing, candy and the house.  I glued each house onto a 10 inch square silver cake board for the "yard".  These were PERFECT and provided a sturdy base for each house. Soooo cute! :)





2) The Tables:  I covered each table with a disposable plastic table cover.  These were purchased at Walmart for $0.99 each!  What a deal!  I also found green plastic bowls (4 count) for $0.50 and put various types of candy, marshmallows, and coconut in them to use for the decorations.  These were placed down the center of the tables for easy access. :)  Here is a shortened list of some of the candy I used...


* Skittles, Candy Canes (small and large), Coconut (for "snow"), Gumdrops, M&M's, Marshmallows (white and multi-color), Twizzlers, Mike & Ikes, etc!


Each child was also given a plastic knife to use to spread icing on the house.


I also made each child an apron to wear while decorating their house.  I found these super-cute iron-on gingerbread man appliques to apply to each apron.  I bought an assortment of red and green aprons.  I placed the aprons at each "station."



3) Decorations:  Thanks to Pinterest, I found an EASY way to make pom-poms to hang from the chandeliers.  I hung one at each table to create a festive look.  




4) Awards:  I created awards for each child to receive at the end of party, along with a goodie bag filled with a christmas straw, santa stickers, gummies, candy canes and christmas stamps.    These bags and the fillers where also purchased at Walmart (can you tell I love Walmart??).  As I read out each award, I handed the children their certificate and the goodie bag.  Here are the categories I included...


     * Cutest House
     * Best Use of Candy
     * Best Creativity
     * Coziest House
     * Fanciest House
     * Most Beautiful House
     * Most Christmas Spirit
     * Most Colorful House
     * Most Decorated House
     * Most Imaginative House
     * Most Sparkly House
     * Most Stylish House
     * Sweetest House


I cannot wait to do this again next year!  We made fabulous memories that I will cherish for years to come!! 


Merry Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment